The Interscholastic League originally voted and awarded the State Champion or had playoffs if teams were tied in the standings. Teams were comprised of 7 players (Left Wing, Center, Rover, Right Wing, Cover Point, Point and Goal) until the 1925-26 season. Schools played outdoors (including Blackstone Pond, East Side Skating Rink, Mashapaug Pond, No Bottom Pond, Roger Williams Park, Scott's Pond, Slater Park, Hammond Pond, Railroad Pond and York Pond).
1909-10 to 1918-19
*The Interscholastic League did not award a pennant due to the lack of games (warm weather) and the closing of York Pond by the Park Commissioner.